Lord Shiva – the auspicious one , also known as Mahadeva – The Great God is one of the principle deities of Hinduism.Lord Shiva is known as “The Destroyer” within the Trimurti the Hindu trinity which also includes Brahma and Vishnu . Lord Shiva is considered the Supreme Lord who creates, protects and transforms the universe.The iconographical attributes of Lord Shiva are the serpent around his neck, the adorning crescent moon, the holy river Ganga flowing from his matted hair, the third eye on his forehead (the eye that turns everything in front of it into ashes when opened), the trishula or trident as his weapon, the damru drum,blue throat . His iconography often shows him in a Yoga pose, meditating, sometimes on a symbolic Himalayan Mount Kailasha as the Lord of Yoga , seated upon a tiger skin with rosary beads – typically made of rudraksha. Nandi is the name of the bull that serves as Shiva’s mount.
Lord Shiva is married to Goddess Parvati and has three children , Ganesha , Kartikeya and Ashokasundari. Goddess Parvati also known as Uma and Gauri is Hindu goddess of power, energy, nourishment, harmony, love, beauty, devotion, and motherhood. She is also revered in her appearances as Goddess Durga and Kali. Goddess Parvati is an embodiment of Shakti and along with Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati , she forms the Tridevi.
Why you should bring these Indian dolls home for your child ?
- Learn through play – An adorable dolls set that engages kids to learn through creative pretend play . It sparks creativity , nurtures curiosity and ignites imagination of a child .
- Helps develop an appreciation for the rich Indian Culture
- Helps to understand about Indian Gods and Goddess in an easy and fun way
- Boosts self esteem and confidence
- Refines fine motor skills and gross motor skills
- Rewarding and motivating
- Helps channelize the energy levels. The child gets involved completely in this very absorbing play activity
- The dolls provides hours of relaxation and fun.
- It also makes for a perfect gift for a loved one
- A great way to bond through a fun play activity for children, siblings, family and friends.